I have been debating for several months now on this issue. I have a mental “pros vs. cons” list formulating in my head on a daily basis, and I have finally had ENOUGH.
Bloggy friends, I need your help!
Kitchen cabinets………………dark wood finish or paint them white??
We moved into our condo hopefully planning to be here for a max of 5 years. It’s our starter home, and we figured it’s the perfect place to settle temporarily, have at least one kid in, and then say see ya later for a larger home. Therefore, resale is ALWAYS in the back of my mind. The condo was almost completely redone prior to us moving into it – new hardwood floors, a somewhat updated bathroom, and an updated kitchen. Our kitchen is gorgeous for the small space, and initially I loved the cabinets in their dark finish. But I’m kind of tired of living in the future and thinking “but what if future buyers don’t like white cabinets??”
Here’s a few shots of the kitchen…..it’s raining today so there’s REALLY not much light in there. Excuse the poor photography.
My style has changed, and I now want them white. So here’s the battle that’s been going on in my head for some time now:
If we paint them white:
- it will brighten the space a lot, and seeing as we have minimal windows, this is a good thing.
- the kitchen may appear larger
- I get my nice bright white kitchen
- potentially bad for resale?
- might go bad with the back splash
- potentially better for resale
- less work, as nothing will be done to them
- my husband won’t want to kill me (i kid, i kid)
- and yeah….I think thats all i have.